Music Content Manager
Remote | Part Time | 3 Days Per Week
Soundplate is a record label and music technology company.
Our record label is primarily focused on electronic music, we have worked with artists from all over the world including Opia, Bakermat, Uppermost, iamalex and many more.
Soundplate also curates a blog and series of playlists on Spotify and Deezer (coming soon to Apple Music). Our in-house playlists have a combined total of more than 100k followers. The playlists lean towards electronic music but also cover some other genres.
Key links to find out more:
Record Label: https://snd.click/spr
Music Smart Link Platform: https://click.soundplate.com
Main website / playlist submissions: https://soundplate.com
About the Role
We are looking for a new person to help curate our in house playlists on various platforms and to create engaging content for our blog and social media. This is a part-time, paid role. We are a fully remote company but some travel may occasionally be required. In time there is the potential for this to become a full time role for the right person.
This is a wide-ranging role, the perfect candidate will be happy to turn their hand to many different tasks.
- Keep the Soundplate playlists constantly updated with new music.
- To help shape the sound of the Soundplate Brand across all online platforms.
- Communicating with Soundplate partners and other playlist curators.
- Scouting new talent that may be suitable for the Soundplate record label.
- Creating new music based content for the Soundplate blog and social media content.
- Work closely with the founder to develop new content ideas, playlists and marketing strategies.
- A deep understanding of playlist curation and streaming platforms.
- A passion for electronic music (across the spectrum of dance music).
- Knowledge of other music genres.
- An obsession with new music.
- Ability to commit at least 3 days per week to the job. (Days and exact hours are flexible)
- Great communication and English language skills.
- Some experience in music curation (playlists, blogs, radio or similar).
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working within the music industry.
- Experience working with blogs/media.
- Contacts with DSPs and independent playlist curators
- Basic Photoshop/design skills.
This role is perfect for someone who:
- is crazy about electronic music
- is an active user of Spotify and understands the playlisting landscape
- has great writing skills.
- can work independently.
- has an entrepreneurial mindset with a broad range of skills.
- is looking for an exciting new challenge and has at least three days per week to work on it.
- is not afraid to get stuck into all areas of a growing music business!
- is looking for an entry level role in the music industry.
Does this sound like you???
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please get in touch:
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be negotiable depending on location and experience. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
In addition to salary there may be some opportunities for travel and to attend music industry events. Soundplate team members benefit from flexible work hours, paid holiday and the ability to work from anywhere you like. London based team members will have access to several co-working spaces and desk spaces across the city.
Soundplate is a small company that is growing fast. There is a real chance for the right person to grow with us and become a permanent, full time member of the team!
Please send a CV with covering letter including salary requirements to [email protected] (Subject line: *Your Name* – Music Content Manager)
Please note: We will not be responding to all unsuccessful applications.
Deadline: Applications close 30th November 2019